Africa Agricultural Trade Policy Practitioners Network (ATPPN) is an African community of practice that facilitates dialogue, information exchange and sharing of ideas related to trade and agriculture.
Background On 21 March 2018, the African Union (AU) leaders signed the landmark agreement to…
Functions of ATPPN
The network will serve a number of functions as listed below:
- Create awareness of agricultural trade policy issues, such as WTO Agreements, African RTAs, including through:
- Sharing quarterly newsletters with major regional and country-level news stories
- Producing topical policy briefs
- Preparing an annual report with contributions from Network Members, documenting country specific case studies on trade and agriculture measures and their implementation
- Organizing annual symposium/conference/dialogue/research forum of topical issues emerging from interactions of participants on the platform
- Provide a platform for exchange of views and collaboration on trade and agricultural issues including through:
- Sharing of relevant experiences/ projects and potential opportunities, collaborations and partnerships.
- Sharing case studies from regional context which would provide lessons for future consideration and provide ideas for addressing some policy gaps and development
- Coordination of capacity building efforts and information sharing on training opportunities, calls for projects, studies and research work.
- Involvement of different line Ministries and private sector as well as civil society including consumers on policy dialogues and development and link policy development and implementation of initiatives of the ministries of trade, agriculture, line ministries and other fitting stakeholders.